Sunday, December 6, 2009

Coffee Addiction



I admit I am a caffeine addict. There is no doubt that I can’t stay awake without my morning cup of coffee each day.

My wife says it is almost as addictive as cigarettes. However, coffee is still cheaper, much cheaper, than cigarettes. Plus I don’t smoke.

A day without coffee can be quite a torture especially towards mid afternoon.

What type of coffee do I drink? Usually it is with milk without sugar. Hey, if you want to taste pure coffee, it should be all black right? Reducing sugar intake is also good too as to reduce diabetes.

When at home or at office, Nescafe Gold is just fine with me. Though, I do prefer International Roast at times.

Outside, the coffee from the Kopitiam would do. Once in awhile, it might be a Starbucks or CoffeeBean. However, coffee from the Kopitiam is about SGD1 while that at the gourmet coffee cafes sells for SGD3.50 for a regular cup. That’s like 3 cups of coffee at the Kopitiam.

I have seem to go back old school at the Kopitiam. Instead of asking for the normal styrofoam cup, I asked for the kopitiam to give it to me in a used tin can, usually comes from storing the evaporated or condensed milk. It just taste different coming from the tin can rather than the styrofoam cup. One Kopitiam owner also said that the tin can is more stable than the styrofoam cup and it is a bit more difficult to knock down the tin can given the heavier base.

There is so much you can talk about coffee. Yes, I do agree with my wife that too much is also not a good thing either.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved | Revolution church Blogger Template by techknowl | Original Wordpress theme byBrian Gardner